- External link
- A link to another slide in your PowerPoint
- Link to the last visited slide
- Link to another publication
- Link from PowerPoint to an uploaded publication (Expert function)
First things first. How do you insert a link in PowerPoint?
Select your image or shape and go to 'Insert' - 'Link':
or right-click on it and then choose 'Link' in the dropdown menu that appears:
Next you can choose the type of link you want to create:
1. External link
To open a web page within the SalesMatik app - which will only work when the app has a connection to the internet - choose 'Existing File or Web Page' > 'Current folder' > type in the URL you need.
2. A link to another slide in your PowerPoint
Choose 'Place in This Document' > Select the slide you want to link to.
- Hyperlinks in grouped elements such as smart-art objects are not supported by our platform. In order to make this work, you'll need to convert the smart shape into separate elements.
- For a top-level navigation structure, we recommend adding your links in your master slide to save time and effort. Learn about the master slide here.
3. Link to the last visited slide
You have a slide that is linked from multiple pages - for example a link to a disclaimer on every slide. Inserting a link will then always bring you back to a fixed slide.
Go to 'Insert' > 'Action' > Activate 'Hyperlink to:' > Select 'Last slide viewed'.
4. Link to another publication
Jump to another publication or PDF directly out of your current presentation, without needing to go to your libraries in the app first. When you close this second presentation, you will arrive back in the first presentation, on the page you had left off.
Choose 'Existing file or Web Page' and browse for the relevant file on your computer.
If you do not select a bookmark, the linked publication will open on the first slide. If you prefer another slide to open, click on 'Bookmark...' to set it up.
5. Link from PowerPoint to an uploaded publication
When you have converted a .pptx file into a .dink file and it is uploaded into the SalesMatik platform, you can create a link without embedding the publication as with the previous step. The main difference: Once you have opened this second presentation and you close it again, you will no be guided back to the first presentation.
Choose 'Existing File or Web Page' > 'Current folder' > type in the exact 'Admin name' of the publication as uploaded in the Portfolio Manager + '#1'.
The Admin name can be found in the settings of your publication:
- You need the PowerPoint version 2013 to be compatible while using hasthags or pounds in the links. In earlier versions, the bookmarks are removed by PowerPoint.
General Tips & Tricks:
- When you create a shape on top of an image or a text field to create your link, make the shape transparent so that you can keep it on the foreground for easier handling afterwards.
- If you are creating a presentation for iPad, make sure not to create a link on top of your slide that is smaller than 20 px. The top bar on the device - containing date, hour, internet connection, battery status - can be invisible but will still lay above the publication, making it impossible to click on a link that is not larger than this bar.