In this case we will be creating a customer qualification tool. This is a tool that lets a salesperson qualify a customer or lead, based on different values
Above you can see the final result of our SCOTSMAN or customer qualification tool.
We will create the SCOTSMAN which stands for:
- S - Solution, do we have the right solution? Does the prospect bring only few objections?
- C - Competition, do we know the competition? Can we beat them?
- O - Originality, is our solution original enough ?
- T - Timing, the time plan has been discussed and agreed, is this realistic?
- S - Size, is the expected revenue big enough to justify the effort? Do we have the necessary resources to implement the project?
- M - Money, is there a budget allocated to the project?
- A - Authority, is our contact the decision maker?
- N - Need, do we know the business problem? Have the objectives of the project been discussed?
We will qualify our customer, based on the outcome of these parameters.
The Qualification tool needs to fulfill these requirements:
- Display the customer name when in session
- Score each parameter with a slider (YES or NO)
- Add comments on each parameter
- Display a total result of the customer
- Possibility of adding additional comments
- Generate a PDF of the form
1. Display customer name when in session
We want to automatically display our customer name when we start our session for that customer.
Choose the 'Convert to value'-function and place it in your PowerPoint.
You can find more information about this feature here.
2. Score each parameter with a slider (YES or NO)
We will be using the slider function to answer our Scotsman questions.
Insert the slider by pressing the 'Slider'-function.
Next, fill in the slider options.
- Define the slider Label (this will be used in our code later)
- Set the number of values on 2
- Display your value as 'No,Yes'
Continue doing this for all the parameters.
* Make sure you change the labels for each slider.
3. Insert comment per qualification parameter
We'll insert open question fields. Make sure to select "Display as text area" to allow the text to run over multiple lines.
4. Calculate the qualification score
We want to display a total result of our qualification.
In order to convert the Yes and No of each criteria into a 1 and 0 that we can use for calculations, we'll insert convertors.
We don't need to show the results for these convertors, so we'll position them outside of the visible canvas
To calculate the result, we'll use the Calculate Result function:
Select the fields and the sum formula:
5. We want the possibility of adding additional comment.
This will be done using the open question function.
More information about open questions can be found here.
Press the open question function:
Fill in the open question options:
- The question: "Additional comments"
- Survey Label & Excel label will be created automatically
- Select "Display as text area".
This can be done for all the additional comments next to each question as well.
6. Generate a PDF of the form and automatically sync it to my CRM
Last but not least, we want to provide a submit button to do the following:
1) Capture the data in a CSV / Excel sheet
2) Generate a PDF as attachment in an email
3) Sync the data to my CRM
These functions sound very difficult to do, this however is done in just a few minutes by inserting the submit button.
Fill in the right options for these features:
- Check "Make transparent" this will give us the opportunity to design our own button
- Check "Generate PDF" this will generate a PDF of our form as an attachment in an email.
You can pre-fill the fields below if you know the recipients and email content.
Press submit and your form has been created. You can now create your interactive publication to see the result on your tablet.
You can download the PowerPoint of this sales tool here.