With the 'Calculate Result'-function you can calculate with the result of other inserted d!nk elements.
When you open the 'Calculate Result'-function you can;
- Give your calculation a name
- Select the value you want to insert in your calculation
- The result of a d!nk element (ex. multiple choice, hotzone,...)
- Other value (a number)
- Choose the type of calculation (+, -, *, /)
- Add values via the blue '+'
- See and edit the formula of your calculation
- If you select "Advanced formula creation", you can add brackets in the 'Formula' to finetune your calculation, for instance to group the sums (A+B)x(C+D) instead of A+BxC+D or you can add a syntax, for example ^ in it to calculate a power: A^B.
All usable syntaxes can be found here: https://mathjs.org/docs/expressions/syntax.html
TUTORIAL WITH EXAMPLE
In this example we have built a list of services that the customer can choose from. Depending on the chosen services, the customer will get an overview of the total amount of working hours and the total price.
To calculate the price for each customer individually, we have used the 'Calculate Result'-function.
1. Insert d!nk elements
First we inserted the different services as multiple choice elements.
The customer can choose 'yes' or 'no'. When the customer chooses 'yes' the value will be the total amount of hours for this service (in this case 4 hours). When the customer chooses 'no' the value will be '0'.
2. Create calculation
In the summary we want to show the total price for each service the customer has chosen. If the customer selects "yes" he has to pay 4 hours * € 150. If the customer selects "no" he has to pay 0 hours * € 150.
Value A is referring to the multiple choice element created in step 1.
We made an extra calculation to know the total price of all chosen services.
Because the services have different prices/hour we used this formula: (service A * €75 per hour) + (service B * €75 per hour) + (service C * €150 per hour).
In orde to create this formula with parentheses we used the "Advanced formula creation".
Download the example here.