You can create different types of surveys with the d!nk PowerPoint plugin. Choose between one of our 'Survey Creation' components:
In this tutorial we will explain how you can create a survey with the multiple choice components:
- Check the type of survey element that you want to insert: 'Multiple option Checkboxes', 'Single option checkboxes' or 'Dropdown'.
- Fill in the desired question.
- The label is automatically based on your question and is used for additional programming in other d!nk elements such as in calculations.
- Add more possible answers with the "+" icon.
- Fill in the possible answers the user can choose from.
- Add an open answer (for instance"Other: ______") by selecting the checkbox before to the question
- Rearrange the position of the answers by clicking the arrows up and down
- Delete the answer by pressing the "X" button at the end.
- The Excel label is the name of the question that you want to have in the Excel file that will be generated from the results of the survey. Discover how you can generate a report from your survey in this article.
- Check the 'Mandatory checkbox' if it is a required question. This will make an 'Input validator' appear on your slide. Put this on top of your submit button to check if the mandatory question is completed or not. Discover how.
- Check the 'multiple line input field' if your answer has multiple lines of text.
- Connect the survey element with Dynamic Value.
- For 'Single option checkboxes', you can select 'linked Survey' to link an option to a certain slide in your PowerPoint. For example: answering option A will bring the user to slide 5.
- With the 'Dropdown' option, it's not possible to add open answers and linked surveys