You can optimize your PowerPoint settings for optimal image quality by following these 2 steps:
1) check the image quality settings
The d!NK plug-in will make sure the images in your presentation are conserved at maximum quality (220dpi) and are not compressed. You can check this settings under File > Options > advanced.
2) check the slide size
Under the menu Design > Slide Size > Custom Slide Size, you can set the size of the slide.
These are the optimal settings for the most common the tablets:
- All iPads have screen ratio of 4:3. Optimal slide size for iPad Pro retina is width 54,19cm / height 40,64cm. These settings are sufficient (when 220ppi is selected under powerpoint export settings) to allow a conversion to a resolution for the retina screens of iPad3 and beyond.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 2 has a screen ratio of 16:9. Optimal slide size is width 23,44cm / height 13,2 cm
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 has a screen ratio of 3:2. Optimal slide size is width 25,4 cm / height 16,93 cm
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 has a screen ratio of 3:2. Optimal slide size is width 26 cm / height 17,35 cm
Chose "Maximise" to be sure the images are resized correctly.
If you want to create a presentations that can be opened on different kind of devices, you can use the Responsive Design function. Discover more...
Formats of content
We strongly recommend to provide the slides with separate text and not to include them in the graphics. This way, each customer can manage the text from within the PowerPoint.
All video files are supported in our plugin.
However to respect the file size maximum of 250 MB, we advice to make sure you don't use too large video files and to use videos that are reduced in size to meet the requirements of your device. There are free tools for windows and for mac to convert them.
All images files are supported in our plugin, but again: make sure you don't exceed the file size maximum due the use of too large images.
Although it's not advised for usability reasons, we do support several animations.
If your PowerPoint file size exceeds our 250 MB maximum, there are a few things you could do.